Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Through The Eyes Of A Designer (grab from the web)

I see the world through different eyes.
My measurement is efficiency.
Volumes and forms are containers for the experiences of life.
Light and shadow are materials on my palette for painting a living image of beauty.

Every action has a purpose, a cause and a reaction. If I study these actions – if I observe life – I can understand the reasons for the way things are. If I understand the way things are, I can improve them to how I imagine them to be.

My process is one of observing, understanding, and improving.
Constant learning and endless questioning.
Asking more than answering.
Struggling against the prescribed methods and resisting the urge to settle for mediocrity or the easy way out.
The beauty of simplicity is that it took complexity of thought to achieve it. Contemplate complexity and you will understand simplicity. Understand simplicity and you will improve. Continuous improvement will lead to perfection: the pinnacle of efficiency, to which nothing can be added, and nothing taken away. It is a pinnacle that few reach, but many strive for.

“Overconscientiousness becomes morbid: underconscientiousness becomes indifference and decay.” – George A. Buttrick
A delicate balance must be struck. As a designer, I see flaws, inefficiencies, inconsistencies. As a designer, I envision improvement, purpose, integrity and perfection.
I see the world through the eyes of a designer.

No comments: